What do you really, REALLY want for you, your project, and your business?
Let's talk about making that come true.
You + Powerful Coaching = Whoa
You are talented leader who has done so much already. Along the way, you built up a suite of talents. People say you are good at things like…
- problem solving
- knowing what customers want
- setting a powerful vision
- understanding others
- getting the details right
- seeing where the market is going
- inspiring, coaching, and developing others
- decision making
- thinking things through
- building teams
- focus and dedication
- influence, sales, & negotiation
People marvel at what you do and how well you do it. They appreciate you as a leader and want to be a part of whatever you’re creating.
About Your Dream
Now, you want to make an even bigger impact.
Maybe your dream is fully formed or is only a feeling right now. Maybe it’s heart-thumping exciting or it’s a warm glow. It could be a continuation or expansion of what you’re already doing. Or it could be something brand new. Regardless, this is big. What you have in mind–if we play it all the way out–is extraordinary, exponential, and very rewarding.
Here are some possibilities:
- starting a new business
- taking an existing business to where you’ve always known it could go
- changing the world (or at least a piece of it)
- scaling a startup
- championing a powerful idea, invention, or discovery
- starting a movement
- starting a new phase of life (sparked by marriage, parenting, divorce, empty nest, “retirement”, sale of business, illness, death of a loved one, new offers & opportunities, etc.)
- sparking new ideas, inventions, or discoveries
So why haven’t you realized this dream yet?
If it’s so big and rewarding, why haven’t you achieved this dream yet? What’s in the way? There are usually two answers to that question. The first is fear. The second, oddly, has to do with those talents that made you successful. One or both of these kinds of obstacles may be in your way.
Fear happens because you’re an adult human. The unknown, the possibility of failing, the desire to please or get along, and the possibility of criticism are the sorts of fears every one of us has. Earlier in our lives, we used these fears to create approaches to life that keep us safe and make us successful. Part of what we call being a successful adult is having these approaches in place and running smoothly. We value them and see them as part of who we are. They do us great service. That is, until they stop serving us and start holding us back.
For example, we may fear failing so we might adopt an approach to life that says, “I’ll work harder.” Hard work helps us win. But hard work hits limits: we can only squeeze so much into a day, we get exhausted, and our hard work can alienate instead of engage & inspire the people around us. Another example: we may fear others’ displeasure so we adopt an approach that says, “I’ll be likeable.” Being likeable is the basis for winning with people but stops us from telling hard truths, setting direction, and keeping others accountable for what they’ve agreed to deliver.
“What got you here won’t get you there.” – Marshall Goldsmith
Talents can also hold you back. Even though we value our talents and even though they are essential to our success, we hit a spot where our talents only create incremental improvements. They get in the way by tricking us into thinking, “These tools have worked in the past; they will work now.” Like the proverbial carpenter who has a hammer and only sees nails, we overuse our talents. We miss the cues that tell us it’s time to develop other talents.
How to deal with fear and talent obstacles
If you are okay with making incremental improvements, you don’t need to do anything with your fears or your talents. You’ve been successful. By default, you will continue to have the same success; you won’t fall backwards.
But if you want exponential over incremental, if you really, really want to make the impact you dream of, you need to go deeper. You need to step through the fears and build new talents. Going deeper, you’ll find within you a hidden (though you may have had a suspicion that it was always there) source of energy, insight, inspiration, and success.
That is good news. Everything you need is already inside you. Want even better news? When you tap your deeper source of success, everything gets easier, brighter, and more fun. Not too far in the future, you will look back in awe at how far you’ve come. You’ll be amazed how effortless it all was. And you’ll be enjoying the fruits of your once-impossible-seeming project.
Powerful, Practical Coaching
My job is to help you go deep, get what you need, and permanently improve your ability knock it out of the park. With your permission, I
- bring unconditional belief in you,
- listen and ask good questions,
- help you see and step through your fears and beyond your current talents,
- prod, call BS, and hold you accountable to what you’ve agreed,
- slow things down to get more done,
- refuse to go along with any stories that limit you and your team,
- understand quickly the gist of your business or project,
- draw on decades of experience, learning, successes, and failures, and
- give you tools, models, and approaches to make things easier.
Then I show you how to do these things for the people you lead.
This all happens through conversation: powerful, practical coaching conversation.
We start with me supporting you. If and when it makes sense, I help you support your team. I support only a limited number of leaders and teams each year.
Are You Ready?
Working with me makes sense if
- You have a big mission, project, or dream OR you want one and haven’t found it yet,
- You agree or are open to the possibility that life should/can be much easier and much more fun,
- You are open to going deep, even if that looks a bit (or a lot) scary,
- You know or are open to the power of thought, belief, feeling, and agreement, and
- You are already getting excited about your possibilities.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
You are here by referral. Someone we both know sent you here so that you can explore and we can talk. That’s the only way I work.
So let’s have a coaching conversation. Coaching is far better experienced than explained. We’ll set aside a good amount of time. You’ll get a life-changing coaching experience. And we’ll see what makes sense for you next.
Call me at +1 416 451 2323 or send me a note here. I look forward to it.